FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GED HISET TASC® TEST
0. What is the GED,Hiset,Tasc? These are companies selected by the state of New Jersey to give the High school equivalent test.
1. What subjects will the GED® cover? Writing,Reading,Math,Science,Social Studies skills will be evaluated.
2. Can I take all the tests in one day? No, the test is 8 hours long you need two days to complete the test.
3. What happens if I already passed parts the GED test? You need to come in person and bring proper identification to help you get the scores, or you may try calling the test provider for more info.
4. How is the new computer-based GED® test changed? The old GED wah paper based ,it used to take longer to be graded, now you can have results the next day.
5. How has the Language Arts section of the test changed? You have a timer on the right side of the screen. In GED you have writing and reading together in one test. In Hiset writing and reading are 2 separate test. each test is about 85 minutes to 105 minutes.
6. How has the math changed? You are only allowed to have a calculator on part of the test. You will also have about 85 minutes to completed. you must know algebra, arithmetic and geometry.
7. How long does it take to complete the GED test? The test is 8 hour long, you can schedule to take it in 2 or 3 days
8. When will I get my test scores? You can call us to check your scores the next day. Or you can check your test account online.
9. Can students take sections of the new GED® test in any order?